Matching between Mentors and Mentees is done through a criteria matrix.
Mentors & Mentees each rate their skills.
The Mentoring relationship can be initiated either by a Mentor (wanting to serve) or a Mentee (aspiring to making a decisive shift in his/her career, or to become a better leader).
When a Mentee sends a request to a Mentor (or vice-versa), the latter receives a notification by email. They can also view the request in their dashboard.
In case a request is not responded to, a reminder email is automatically sent 7 days later.
When they mutually agree on the matching, a Mentorship contract is validated to create a framework, stating:
- scope of the mentorship: 1, 2 or 3 skills maxima covered at a time.
- estimated duration: start / end date
- code of conduct (dos & don’ts)
- dates for conversations to take place (using a simple module allowing mentor and mentee to enter their availabilities and make a common match)
- their acceptance to share impressions, suggestions & insights in a compulsory feedback form (to help us evaluate the quality of the mentorship session).
This Mentorship contract can be reviewed during the mentoring period to consider the rapid rate of progress, or the need for additional time.
At the end of a Mentorship contract, an email is sent to both, Mentor and Mentee with a link to a feedback form available on the platform with: closed questions for quantitative feedback ; and open questions for verbatim (impressions, suggestions, & insights which can be shared on social media).
When a feedback form is completed, the Community Manager receives a notification and then can review and analyse this form. Some data are collected for reporting (like user satisfaction).